Friday, March 25, 2011

TFSA in the future.

So this whole t-shirt thing was kind of a headache for me, pretty stressful and expensive...
...so it won't be happening again anytime soon.

I'm really happy that so many of my friends were supportive and bought t-shirts. Unfortunately I wasn't able to print up any extras. I'm not sure Greg even told anyone about it?

Now that we have the bandcamp page
www.thefairlysecretarmy.bandcamp.com
I decided that every cd will be only printed up in quantities of 20 (the number of discs on a lightscribe disc spool). Some B&W minimal art will be made and 20 "flier" copies will be made and placed at record stores and clubs where people can take them free. These will just be a normal cd-r with info written in marker...not the cool lightscribe discs that have printing laser printed on them or the color artwork with lyrics.

And our other project WAVES OF MERCURY will be done this way too (except no "flier" copies) and I hope we end up doing a bandcamp page for that project as well.

Until...

1 comment:

  1. I'd say only do it again if you get ALL the money up-front and only if you already have the plan fully in place. Endeavors in various stage of planning that require that much time not to mention money are always a pain in the ass, I think you've done a good job with it.

    See one of us just needs to win the lottery so money won't matter and you can just chill out makin' music.

    ReplyDelete