Monday, January 17, 2011

TFSA song #2

So Greg came over, and on his way, he came up with a rhythm...no notes, just a rhythm!

VERY poppy, catchy and cool.

It took us a while to get the first part figured out (20-30 minutes) and then about another 40 minutes to figure out the rest of the song. Then I had to settle on a drum beat for the bridge section that was fast and furious!

Recording:

I almost nailed the drums on the first take, but no, it wasn't to be this week.
We had about 4 false starts and then I got it on take 9.

Guitars went pretty smooth, but we messed with the guitars in the bridge section, and that took about 10 miutes to figure out what we should go with.

Bass was a little more involved, because Greg likes to play fun busy fills, but the main guitars ended up being hard to do that with, so there are only a couple of fast busy parts.

So we started at about 6pm and finished all the drums, guitars & bass at around 9:45.

I just need to do the lyrics and vocals.

I also need to redo the Verses in the first song...and I'm giving myself more time with it, so maybe a song needs to be done within two weeks.

Hell, I'm making the rules!

Until next week...

"Keep it secret...keep it safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment